Who We Are
First Baptist Church Pasadena, Texas was formed in 1901 and has for all these years remained faithful to the Word of God, to sharing Jesus Christ with people, and to meeting needs in the name of Jesus. As you navigate through the website, you will see countless opportunities to grow spiritually and to serve.
Charles Redmond, Senior Pastor
History of fbcp
What We Believe
- Nothing in creation “just happened.” God made it all.
- God is bigger and better and closer than we can imagine.
- The Bible is God’s perfect guidebook for living. It is the inspired, inerrant Word of God.
- Jesus is God showing Himself to us.
- God has given every person a free will to choose Christ or to reject Him.
- We enter into a personal relationship with God by repenting of our sins and placing our trust in Jesus Christ.
- Through His Holy Spirit, God lives in and through us now.
- Baptism by immersion is an act of obedience whereby we publicly identify with Jesus Christ.
- God is completely sovereign. He is totally in control of every situation. Everything we experience in life has either been caused by God or allowed by God. He promises to bring good even out of bad to those who love Him.
- Heaven and hell are real places. Death is a beginning, not the end.
- The church is to serve people like Jesus served people.
- Jesus is coming again!!
desire is to help all people experience new life in Jesus Christ.
To do this, we strive to Lift Up Jesus, Build Up Believers and Reach Out to
Let them praise the name of the
Lord, for His name alone is exalted; His glory is above the earth and
heaven. - Psalm 148:13 (NKJV)
Therefore, encourage one another
and build each other up, just as you are in fact doing.
- 1 Thessalonians
Go therefore and
make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and
of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I
have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the
age. - Matthew 28:19-20
Why Membership Matters
There are four reasons why church membership is important:
- Membership identifies you as a believer.
- Membership provides you a spiritual family to support and encourage you.
- Membership provides accountability to help you grow spiritually.
- Membership gives you a place to discover and use your spiritual gifts.
If you feel God leading you to be part of our church family, we welcome you and look forward to worshipping and serving together, encouraging and helping you as God gives us opportunities.
How To Become A Member
You can join our church in one of three ways at the end of a
By profession of faith
in the Lord Jesus Christ –
accepting Jesus Christ as your personal Lord
and Savior and following Him in baptism by emersion.
By transfer of
membership from another Baptist church –
letting us know which
Baptist church you would like to transfer from. We will handle the
By statement of faith –
declaring that you have placed your faith in Jesus Christ for your